The US Online Publishers Association (OPA) has released the results of a survey of 2,540 tablet users in the States, revealing how they use their devices. The rather-general “Accessing content and information” category covers 94% of users (what on earth are the other 6% doing though?), with 67% surfing the web and 66% emailing on their device. 54% watch videos, 49% check the weather, 37% access news and 36% entertainment content. 61% of tablet owners have paid for content on their device in the last year, and users spend an average of 13.9 hours a week using it. The OPA has also estimated that US tablet owners will spend $2.6bn on apps in 2012, up from $1.4bn in 2011. More debatable is the claim that iPad and Android tablets are running neck and neck for market share, though.